Thursday, October 16, 2008

Lots of DIY ideas!

So, I mentioned on a past post that I found a ton of cool tings on vacation I would have loved to have bought, however, I just couldn't justify paying the price they were asking. SOOOO, I thought I'd share some of the ideas here in case I don't get to making (and hence following through) on all the great DIY ideas I found. Anyway, here are some of the great ideas I found:

To your right is a Halloween tree with Halloween ornaments. The tree was handcrafted (not sure from what though) and spray painted black. The ornaments were made out of dried, hallowed out mini gourds. The gourds were then painted black and hung on the tree with a little piece of srting. $240 didn't justfy my buying it when I'm sure it could be made for $30 or under!





Here are a few examples of their pumpkin decorations. They had some realy cool metal additions that you added to a pumpkin to make ti anything from a sprider, to a cat, to a witch to a devil. But at a price tag of $60-$80 per "kit" I'd rather just carve a pumpkin and deal with the mess. Regardless, I think this would be prety easy to make out of sheet metal if someone had the tools. Great idea though and something different than the norm.


Here was a really cool table I saw. Of course, they wanted $350 for it, but I thought.....perfect DIY! I'm sure you could find a similar table either new for about $50-$100 or used even for maybe $10 or less. Then if you look at the corner part of the river rock, you can tell it's just a piece of pre-fabricated river rock section from someplace like Lowes or Home Depot probably costing $10-$15 for a piece. Just glue that baby on there and you're good to go. It just gives it such a nice outdoorsy feeling in my opinion!

And this was the final piece I wanted from this nursery/garden store we stopped at. Yes, $775 for this!!!!! It would look so neat hanging on the wall outside during a 4th of July party, but not for that price. Pretty simple DIY though. All it is is a few old baseboards, painted red and white, and blue in the corner. And then take a few metal stars that have been weathered and hot glue them to the corner. Voila! Now that could be done for about $25 or less if you're tearing out old baseboards anyway!




















No comments: