Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's time to shop ahead!

I've always been a fan of going to garage sales and buying gently used clothes. I did this before I even got pregnant with Luke and most of his first year or life. I love garage sales in general, but it just got more and more tough once I couldn't just put Luke in a stroller and he went along happily for the ride. So many garage sales were just junk so I decided to focus my efforts on used kids clothing stores and sales. They worked well up until now. I think toddler boy and used clothing can't be used in the same sentence. Its seems like no one has used toddler boy clothes. I can fully understand this though.....Luke has stained or ruined 95% of his woredrobe. It's all Goodwill bound for sure...so I'm sure everyone else is in this boat too.

Ao I've decided I just needed to become smart about shopping and that it would be alright to buy it new. So I've now been buying next years clothes at the end of the season. So far, clearence sales havn't been that great. I did pick up 3 t-shirts from Target for $2 each, but other than that I just havn't been willing to pay $9.99 for a clearence t-shirt from Gap! This weekend, Children's Place had an additional 50% off already reduced clearence items. The picture above is everything I got from the store...4 pairs of shorts, 3 pairs athletic shorts, 6 tshirts, and a ball cap, all for a little over $50! Originally they would have cost around $130!

And if I do take the time to pretreat stains and send Luke out to play in Goodwill t-shirts, I can sell them for about the same as I bought them for. Woohoo!

I also scored $25 in free Gymbucks from an awesome bumpie. So I went through their clearence and finished up what I'd need for Luke for next spring.summer. I also got a bunch for Brooke. I'll have to share once the package arrives...

No comments: