Monday, January 19, 2009

It was a productive day!

Today was a federal holiday so thankfully, I had the day off from work. Whenever I get an extra day off, I always feel like I need to make the most out of it. Today, I think we accomplished our goal......and then some! We got so much done!

After returning from the countertop store and Home Depot, here is everything we got done:

1. Got bookcase finally built for Luke's big boy room.

2. We got the candle holder from Kirklands over a year ago and I finally found the perfect spot for them, the dining room. Here's a few pictures:



3. Then we the wine glass rack I bought over a year ago finally hung:
4. Then we also got the tray dividers installed in our kitchen cabinet. We paid almost $130 extra for (dumb mistake when you can buy the same thing from Lowes for about $30!) almost a year ago.
5. Then I got the cabinet next to the fridge organized! This has been the space where everyhting just gets thrown, so it needed organizing BAD. Here's the after:


6. Then I got the mantel and entry way cabinet redecorated. They were looking pretty bland after the holiday stuff got put away:


Then, I went to Once Upon a Child (local 2nd hand shop) and got a whole bag of maternity clothes from the clearence rack for only $42! I had to pick up some dog food as well.
Now since I'm on such a roll today......I'm heading off to do the laundry. Hopefully I won't be up till midnight again! =)






2 comments:

Manic Monday said...

awesome job today. i have been cleaning, too. it sure makes you feel good. have fun in that laundry room. i look forward to photos!

sandy

Sarah said...

Just reading this makes me tired, wow! :) Love the new bathroom counters, too.