Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dream Vacation on a Dime


The first thing I think of when I hear "living large" is dream vacations. Maybe it's just me, but to travel the world in search of the most beautiful beach would be like dying and going to heaven. But, then I get knocked back into reality and realize it's never gonna happen. So, how can I visit a beautiful beach while on a budget. Well in this post, I will give you what I know. Feel free to add in additional references in my comments section!


A life saver for us is www.vrbo.com. No matter where we go in he world, I always check this site first. Sometimes you can find some AWSOME deals. Here are a couple of our favorite KILLER deals:
www.vrbo.com/85791 - St. Thomas for $770/wk
www.vrbo.com/77566 - St.Thomas for $600/wk
Here is a few other deals we found for our trip this coming March:

www.cinnamonbay.com - $77/night for cottage in St. John
http://www.maho.org/ -$80/night for cottage in St. John
www.soggydollar.com - my personal favorite, 1900 for 2 people for 7 nights lodging, 5 dinners and breakfast, 2 Painkillers, and 2 t-shirts! I'm SO there if only I can get the hubby to fly!
Also found an awsome option for cruising on a dime:
www.easycruise.com/
But sometimes the flights alone can turn a cheap trip into trip into a year long credit card bill. So here's a few of my favorite sites:
www.kayak.com ***these sites all check multiple places, so it saves you time
www.farecompare.com which will email you low rates

1 comment:

Immortal Beloved said...

nice suggestions. I love vrbo too.